The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

Puffer Fish  Empty Puffer Fish

Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:06 pm
In a stunning discovery I just read, the Japanese Puffer fish shovels sand into a circle with intricate details. Then he decorates the pattern with shells to attract a female. If the female approves of his work, she will lay eggs in the center where the male will fertilize them.

I would love to see a coin made with this amazing pattern with the female in the center while the male waits above.Puffer Fish  Rnicry10
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Puffer Fish  Empty Re: Puffer Fish

Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:15 pm
No those are under water crop circles. LOL

Nature is really amazing... It blows my mind.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:29 pm
Hi  @Periodic Table . Intaglio Mint made a round showing a puffer fish, in both 1oz and 2oz weights. It shows the fish on one side and the circles on the other, but no nubile lady fish I'm afraid. have the 2oz variant, but they are getting a bit hard to find.
Here's a link to a 2oz round on sale by a German dealer:

https://kraatz-edelmetalle.de/2-5-unzen-oz-medaillenrounds/2102-1-x-1-oz-silber-australian-koala-2012-2018.html

There's also one on sale on eBay in the UK, but I don't know if they would ship to the US:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204178394154?hash=item2f89fb0c2a:g:mPYAAOSw~I5jkLHz&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0BxQrBQ39RELqoCQ1YDgFWVh7AB2VLtiFp%2FB4ovwhbV2g5z0EYT%2BxaFbtU3F2Ir34N%2BzUA3SIRjvn%2BieENiY7vbN2cDpandk4IPUsO8KBvQXBMJ5St%2BFhEwKdTbjS%2FSlOBdIkwOkDj5TTZzeambRLTTrLuAU16%2BnYsKMaW3one9awsQmOT6tbGNwOBGO%2FUoGuuwrXY1g4N4j23WeNkYq%2FoMAu5%2BEcooaVa7IEZ0KMfxvg2yHZFPZRunSorhB58ylHLUcNDtia5LoFeZsW4imkl4%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR67uiPa4Yg

There may be others on eBay.com listed by US sellers who don't ship to the UK.

Rod Panhard likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:34 pm
Addition. The coin in the UK is listed on eBay.com. Price $102.04 and shipping $3.81, which seems remarkably cheap. It's open for offers too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204178394154?hash=item2f89fb0c2a:g:mPYAAOSw~I5jkLHz&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8FaLmgZXK%2BlXLxAElwNgvPC4hN6vnPisXjFaJBOS%2FjgU7Za9JYgCf7f23k5Eu8ABOVLYH0pHMo5vtkQd0t8FkLjM4WlGxm1B%2FVsfxLkhu1JTp%2FuB%2BQ8DiJDTdGZbmFTmmSfK64cE55mXYYhvuSF%2BEJVpaJjePnJgloVgFxgBsHiV9YTG%2FqN9yCiEcTHddp7vH8NeLocYy0g25xdLWLkdPQKpDvzNLLWPxIT27z1hQvLxlXYizA9tuB7xwLPpzfDGNwXea%2Bz%2FgyEqXRzpvlaHtLMzQYHhRgAzIUHTCS%2FJudkGuT8NKyxEtP%2FJvaWTZLEvyQ%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR86Ap_a4Yg

Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:56 pm
Wow TCM! I didn't know such a coin existed. Many thanks to you for leading me to these sources.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:04 pm
My pleasure Steve. I love Intaglio Mint rounds and am happy to introduce others to them.

Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:26 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:My pleasure Steve. I love Intaglio Mint rounds and am happy to introduce others to them.

Just found a 100% rated US seller on eBay with nine of these rounds. At $95.95 USD with free shipping, soon it will be eight.Cool Many thanks again.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:35 pm
At that price it sounds like the 2oz round. They're my favourites, they have a lovely heft to them. Does it come in a capsule? If not you will need a 39mm double height one, and the best come from a US seller. If you need that information I'll let you know.
Anyway, if you ever need help in spending your money, I'll be glad to volunteer. I don't only dig gold, I can spread it around as well.  Provided it belongs to somebody else.Puffer Fish  1f63d  Puffer Fish  1f63d
Seriously, I'm glad I could help.

Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:52 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:At that price it sounds like the 2oz round. They're my favourites, they have a lovely heft to them. Does it come in a capsule? If not you will need a 39mm double height one, and the best come from a US seller. If you need that information I'll let you know.
Anyway, if you ever need help in spending your money, I'll be glad to volunteer. I don't only dig gold, I can spread it around as well.  Provided it belongs to somebody else.Puffer Fish  1f63d  Puffer Fish  1f63d

It is the two ounce round and comes in a capsule. Ha ha on you helping me spend money.🤑 @Admin likes to say chunky and you like to say lovely heft for these two ounce and above coins/rounds. I like to say JUICY for them.😄

Today, I received the Wile E Coyote coin and I'll post a pic on the @Admin video review thread.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:59 pm
Periodic Table wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:At that price it sounds like the 2oz round. They're my favourites, they have a lovely heft to them. Does it come in a capsule? If not you will need a 39mm double height one, and the best come from a US seller. If you need that information I'll let you know.

It is the two ounce round and comes in a capsule. Ha ha on you helping me spend money.🤑 @Admin likes to say chunky and you like to say lovely heft for these two ounce and above coins/rounds. I like to say JUICY for them.😄

Today, I received the Wile E Coyote coin and I'll post a pic on the @Admin video review thread.

Intaglio describe them as 'chubbies', so that's another descriptive. I've never really seen coins as juicy though, so I'll let you keep that one, Steve.
Look forward to that picture in due course.
It's late here now, so I'll log off. Good night.

Admin likes this post

Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:26 pm
Intaglio describe them as 'chubbies', so that's another descriptive. I've never really seen coins as juicy though, so I'll let you keep that one, Steve.
Look forward to that picture in due course.
It's late here now, so I'll log off. Good night.

Have a good night TCM.😴  The late shift will take it from here. This is KPYO677 'The Blue Streak.' We're clear after you.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:25 am
I did have a good night, thanks. I'm assuming the rest of that post is either air force jargon or some ancient US TV series that nobody over here has heard of.  Puffer Fish  1f63d

Admin likes this post

Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:02 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I did have a good night, thanks. I'm assuming the rest of that post is either air force jargon or some ancient US TV series that nobody over here has heard of.  Puffer Fish  1f63d

Good morning. The rest was citizens band radio (CB) jargon. When I was a teenager, my brother had a home base CB radio. My handle was The Blue Streak and we talked to truck drivers. And yes, I did streak (naked) a few times during the '70s.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:12 pm
That explains it. My sister and brother in law were into CB radio when they were younger, all 'Breaker, Breaker' and 'Meet you at the Coffee Shop' (aka Birch Services on the M62). Fortunately they grew up before their brains entirely died.
The rest is far too much information.

Admin likes this post

Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:23 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:That explains it. My sister and brother in law were into CB radio when they were younger, all 'Breaker, Breaker' and 'Meet you at the Coffee Shop' (aka Birch Services on the M62). Fortunately they grew up before their brains entirely died.
The rest is far too much information.

Yes, the '70s were fun times.Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:25 pm
Chunky, Beefy, Hefty, Juicy,

Just AWESOME .. lol

love these adjectives to describe the mighty 2oz coins. lol
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:42 pm
Admin wrote:Chunky, Beefy, Hefty, Juicy,

Just AWESOME .. lol

You left out 'chubby'.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:44 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
Admin wrote:Chunky, Beefy, Hefty, Juicy,

Just AWESOME .. lol

You left out 'chubby'.

I did because it is too close to the pot calling the kettle black for me. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:04 pm
It's all those Girl Scout cookies!

Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:15 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:It's all those Girl Scout cookies!

This is me during the mid '70s and I ate plenty of chocolate chip cookies. Time caught up with me as I now have a pot belly and still lovin' my chocolate chips.

Puffer Fish  R1-01410
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:54 pm
Oh lord, that haircut.

Admin likes this post

Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:00 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Oh lord, that haircut.

It's not a haircut. It's a bird's nest.Laughing I didn't get a real haircut until I joined the Air Force a few years later.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:51 pm
Periodic Table wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:Oh lord, that haircut.

It's not a haircut. It's a bird's nest.Laughing  I didn't get a real haircut until I joined the Air Force a few years later.

(Just been on the chatbox)
That's the one that leaves you with nothing left to comb, you just need a polishing cloth?

Admin likes this post

Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:15 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote: (Just been on the chatbox)
That's the one that leaves you with nothing left to comb, you just need a polishing cloth?

Yes, during basic training and tech school. Afterwards, we could grow it a little longer.

Puffer Fish  Stevef10
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:21 pm
Very smart.

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum