The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

The Kangaroo That Got Away  Empty The Kangaroo That Got Away

Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:23 am
I'd like to buy this upcoming 2023 Perth 1-oz silver kangaroo for my wildlife series. Unfortunately, I'll have to pass on this beauty.

With a 32 mm diameter, the coin's width is too small compared to the 39-41 mm wildlife coins I have. More importantly, it's whopping 6 mm depth will not fit in a Quadrum capsule. Maybe a colorized camel 🐫 will be released down the road. Very Happy

The Kangaroo That Got Away  41524710
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

The Kangaroo That Got Away  Empty Re: The Kangaroo That Got Away

Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:20 am
It is rather nice though  @Periodic Table . It would fit well into a floating frame ......  The Kangaroo That Got Away  1f63d

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:33 am
I have to admit and ashamed that I do not own a Kilo Coin... I have 5 kilo bars, and kilo bars and 100oz bars.. but no kilo coins... The largest I own is 10oz coins. I mentioned this to someone that I have to get a kilo coin... any type just for the heck of it.

But yes that is beautiful.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:41 am
Admin wrote:I have to admit and ashamed that I do not own a Kilo Coin... I have 5 kilo bars, and kilo bars and 100oz bars.. but no kilo coins... The largest I own is 10oz coins. I mentioned this to someone that I have to get a kilo coin... any type just for the heck of it.

Nothing to be ashamed of @Admin . 10oz is plenty to admire. I just wish Durga had been a bit bigger, although Le Grand Mint's premium wouldn't bear thinking about.
The not-Steve's Kangaroo is only 1oz though, so you could indulge.

Admin likes this post

Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:14 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:It is rather nice though  @Periodic Table . It would fit well into a floating frame ......  The Kangaroo That Got Away  1f63d

Thanks for the sales pitch TCM. I do have another Perth coin on order and will showcase it upon arrival.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:23 pm
Periodic Table wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:It is rather nice though  @Periodic Table . It would fit well into a floating frame ......  The Kangaroo That Got Away  1f63d

Thanks for the sales pitch TCM. I do have another Perth coin on order and will showcase it upon arrival.

Darn, you're too sharp for me Steve. BTW, when does your Puffer Fish arrive?   The Kangaroo That Got Away  1f638  The Kangaroo That Got Away  1f638  The Kangaroo That Got Away  1f638

Admin likes this post

Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:28 pm
Admin wrote:I have to admit and ashamed that I do not own a Kilo Coin... I have 5 kilo bars, and kilo bars and 100oz bars.. but no kilo coins... The largest I own is 10oz coins. I mentioned this to someone that I have to get a kilo coin... any type just for the heck of it.

No kilo coin?Shocked Oh the shame.Laughing Because you have no such power coin, you will receive a consolation prize. That's right! A box of Rice-A-Roni. "The San Francisco Treat!" Laughing

Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:37 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:

Darn, you're too sharp for me Steve. BTW, when does your Puffer Fish arrive?   The Kangaroo That Got Away  1f638  The Kangaroo That Got Away  1f638  The Kangaroo That Got Away  1f638

I haven't ordered it yet. Other PMs moved it down the priority scale. I know, you're going to beat me over the head for making such a huge puff about that coin.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:50 pm
The fickleness of youth.

Admin likes this post

Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:07 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:The fickleness of youth.

Right? Very Happy   But I have Puffer in my shopping file. Just gonna take a little longer because I get distracted by other PMs. Kid in a candy store kinda thing.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:25 pm
Periodic Table wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:The fickleness of youth.

Right? Very Happy   But I have Puffer in my shopping file. Just gonna take a little longer because I get distracted by other PMs. Kid in a candy store kinda thing.
I know the feeling all too well, Steve. My downfall is that when I think I have the month's spending nicely balanced, I see a new release in a series that I'm collecting, or a special order comes in a few days before I'm expecting. This is a particular thing with Intaglio, where my seller imports from the US and when he gets a shipment is somewhat in the lap of the gods. Sigh!

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:29 pm
Rice a Rhoni... a Sanfrancisco treat. Very Happy

Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:50 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
I know the feeling all too well, Steve. My downfall is that when I think I have the month's spending nicely balanced, I see a new release in a series that I'm collecting, or a special order comes in a few days before I'm expecting. This is a particular thing with Intaglio, where my seller imports from the US and when he gets a shipment is somewhat in the lap of the gods. Sigh!

Except for the special case with your seller who imports Intaglio, I couldn't have said it better. While focusing on current coins, I'll discover others that had already been released. And depending on the type of PM, that's when I have to prioritize based on what I like and my funds.

My first round was the 1916 Mercury 2 oz tribute that I bought directly from Intaglio in 2021. I always loved the woman's profile and had to get it for its size to display on my desk.

The Kangaroo That Got Away  Img20237
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:03 pm
It is lovely Steve. As you know, I do have a fondness for Intaglio Mint Rounds, especially the 2oz chubbies. They do some gorgeous cat portraits too (not easy by any means), both serious and more whimsical. I have most of the ones issued so far, and the rest on order.

Admin likes this post

Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:32 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:It is lovely Steve. As you know, I do have a fondness for Intaglio Mint Rounds, especially the 2oz chubbies. They do some gorgeous cat portraits too (not easy by any means), both serious and more whimsical. I have most of the ones issued so far, and the rest on order.

I know you have a fondness for Intaglio TCM. And it's easy to see why. They offer everything from mild sleeping cats to wild cat themes. You struck it rich with them. Pretty amazing!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum