The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

Scottsdale Mint - Vortex and Stacker Empty Scottsdale Mint - Vortex and Stacker

Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:24 pm
Just received my first Scottsdale silver directly from their mint. The two 1-ounce Vortex bars are stunning. The attractive front and vortical back really make for a lion size winner in my book. Next is their straightforward 10-ounce stacker bar. The high relief portion of the front allows for another bar to securely fit underneath it. These 10 ouncers come with a serial number on the back. Both have grooved edges.

Scottsdale Mint - Vortex and Stacker Img20254

Scottsdale Mint - Vortex and Stacker Img20255
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Scottsdale Mint - Vortex and Stacker Empty Re: Scottsdale Mint - Vortex and Stacker

Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:41 am
Couldn't agree more @Periodic Table , and Scottsdale are one of the few US dealers to ship to the UK. Thanks for uploading the pictures.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Scottsdale Mint - Vortex and Stacker Empty Re: Scottsdale Mint - Vortex and Stacker

Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:37 pm
Steve,

I could easily get into stacking these. Perhaps I might take a break from Pamp to Stack some Scotsdale.
hmmm

Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:53 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Couldn't agree more  @Periodic Table , and Scottsdale are one of the few US dealers to ship to the UK. Thanks for uploading the pictures.

For the few dealers that ship to the UK, I'm happy to know that Scottsdale is one of them. Cool  I like their stackable lion rounds and will soon order a couple of them.

Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:58 pm
Admin wrote:Steve,

I could easily get into stacking these. Perhaps I might take a break from Pamp to Stack some Scotsdale.
hmmm

A little variety is the spice that keeps giving Jon. I'll look into the Pamp bars.
Jazz
Jazz

Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:50 pm
Nice! Wonder if silver trader will have these in stock one day

Rod Panhard, AceBullion and tray like this post

tray
tray

Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:43 pm
I do hope so. I do like Scottsdale mint. Don't normally collect bars only the two royal mint James bond but I do like this one

Jazz, Rod Panhard and AceBullion like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:28 pm
Very nice, I take it these are really competitivley priced if you are buying in the US?

AceBullion likes this post

Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:24 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:Very nice, I take it these are really competitively priced if you are buying in the US?

Definitely competitive versus buying the same bars from APMEX, JM Bullion, etc.

Silver spot price was $22.82 when I purchased them on October 17th. I paid $6.26 over spot for each one ounce bar and $41.97 ($4.20 per ounce) over spot for the ten ounce bar.

While silver spot has recently been on the uptick, I still purchased these bars from Scottsdale because I read many good things about the mints products and I find their silver offerings to be practical and very attractive.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:07 am
I really wish I could get them at that price. But with postage and fees it would be just like buying it here. Plus I still have to pay VAT / Sales Take on it as well. Argh.

Rod Panhard likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:02 pm
I just took delivery of two Vortex bars. (Yes, on a Sunday. Royal Mail's Christmas deliveries must be kicking in). I found a dealer - Next Day Bullion -  in the UK who had some in. Obviously VAT had to be paid, but when compared with probable VAT and postage from dealers in the US it was a no-brainer. Unfortunately, they are now out of stock. The bars are lovely though, and sent out in a capsule and a cute little velvet pouch. Such service! One of the bars is a Christmas present, so the fancy packing just adds to the joy.
Seriously, though, I am very pleased with the service. I'll update the dealers list idc. Unfortunately at the moment a lot of their goods are marked out of stock so I'll have another look in a few days and see if there's a restock.

Update: They anticipate a restock c. mid-January. They do have a PAMP Rainbow Snake coin bar in stock though. Very nice.

Last edited by The Cat's Mother on Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:55 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I just took delivery of two Vortex bars. (Yes, on a Sunday. Royal Mail's Christmas deliveries must be kicking in). I found a dealer - Next Day Bullion -  in the UK who had some in. 

Never seen Next Day Bullion before.  It's never come up in a web search; maybe their SEO is a bit off.  Every now and then I find a dealer that I've never heard of.

denby likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:00 pm
Silverlocks wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:I just took delivery of two Vortex bars. (Yes, on a Sunday. Royal Mail's Christmas deliveries must be kicking in). I found a dealer - Next Day Bullion -  in the UK who had some in. 

Never seen Next Day Bullion before.  It's never come up in a web search; maybe their SEO is a bit off.  Every now and then I find a dealer that I've never heard of.

When I googles the name, it came way down on the list of sites. It is there, though, based in Leicester.
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:31 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
Silverlocks wrote:

When I googles the name, it came way down on the list of sites. It is there, though, based in Leicester.

If you google for something like silver britannia or 10g gold bar, it never appears on search results.  I suspect their SEO is a bit dysfunctional and they really need to spend a few bob on a consultant to tweak that.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:14 pm
Here's a link (I hope).

https://www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

Silverlocks likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:32 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Here's a link (I hope).

Thank you. I just logged on and checked.. I tried to Subscribe to get updates... nothing. Put my email in and hit subscribe..Ziltch happened.
Then I thought ohhh perhaps I need to register.. WHY do they need my DOB? ( date of birth? ) Too much information.

Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:40 pm
TCM, I like how you hunted down your Vortex bars and in nice fashion too. I don't know what to say about the VAT.

Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:46 pm
@Admin, I sent you a PM.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:03 pm
Periodic Table wrote:TCM, I like how you hunted down your Vortex bars and in nice fashion too. I don't know what to say about the VAT.
VAT is a cross we have to bear over here. Given that mainstream US dealers charge around $30 to post to the UK, and then the parcel may have VAT charged on top, it made sense to pay a bit extra for a bar that's already over here. It still hurts, but the pain could be much greater.

Admin likes this post

Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:06 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
Periodic Table wrote:TCM, I like how you hunted down your Vortex bars and in nice fashion too. I don't know what to say about the VAT.
VAT is a cross we have to bear over here. Given that mainstream US dealers charge around $30 to post to the UK, and then the parcel may have VAT charged on top, it made sense to pay a bit extra for a bar that's already over here. It still hurts, but the pain could be much greater.

I understand TCM. Under the circumstances, you got the best deal. Cool
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:07 pm
Admin wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:Here's a link (I hope).

Thank you. I just logged on and checked.. I tried to Subscribe to get updates... nothing. Put my email in and hit subscribe..Ziltch happened.
Then I thought ohhh perhaps I need to register.. WHY do they need my DOB?  ( date of birth? ) Too much information.

I wondered that too, but it was the request for my Tinder profile that really got me wondering.  Scottsdale Mint - Vortex and Stacker 1f63d

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum