The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
monkey
monkey

Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof  Empty Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof

Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:09 pm
I don't know if this will be of interest to the community on here, But I have a RM Music Legends colour proof up for grabs.

I am asking £100 plus postage of choice. But open to offers. Details listed below

2020 colour silver proof Music Legends Elton John.

This silver proof coin has a mintage of just 10,000 coins and a limited edition presentation of 7.500.

This coin was bought direct from The Royal Mint in 2020.

Includes COA (number 3660), RM packaging

Unfortunately there are 3 Milk spots as highlighted in the circles (see image)

Rest of the coin looks perfect to my eye.

More pictures on request

Open to offers.

Open to swap offers.

Terms of payment and delivery open to negotiation

Payment bank transfer, or PayPal friends and family.

Thanks for lookingSilver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof  Headli11
Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof  Heads11
Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof  Tails_11
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof  Empty Re: Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof

Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:09 pm
Are you still after one... I found this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284445816959?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=b2nFXJOUSEu&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=Q3qfBDIWQzi&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
monkey
monkey

Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof  Empty Re: Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof

Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:01 pm
Just seen your messages.

Thanks for the links, but I'm trying to sell mine LOL Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof  1f602 . I thought they might have been a good investment, but not turning out that way especially as they have started milking!

I'll keep hold of them until spot hits £33/Oz and try again Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof  1f601
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:47 pm
Sadly, I don't think proofs purchased at retail often hold their value.  Very occasionally the Royal Mint capture lightning in a bottle and you get things like the Queen's Beasts or Great Engravers Una and the Lion.  However, most of their coins (including the rest of the Great Engravers series so far) tend to lose value relative to their retail pricing.

A lot of proofs from other mints are like that as well.  I've seen folks trying to sell 5oz gold proofs and still not making sales at thousands under retail, and I've seen proof coins being sold at close to spot on more than one occasion.

By and large, I think proof coins are likely to be a poor investment if you buy at retail.  IMO you're better off keeping an eye on the secondary market and picking things up if they look good to you.  I've only got a few proof coins and I picked them all up that way.

monkey likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:39 pm
monkey wrote:Just seen your messages.

Thanks for the links, but I'm trying to sell mine LOL  Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof  1f602 . I thought they might have been a good investment, but not turning out that way especially as they have started milking!

I'll keep hold of them until spot hits £33/Oz and try again  Silver 1oz - Royal Mint Music Legends 2020 Elton John Colour Proof  1f601

I will delete that bud.

I am ill and clearly was trying to find you something. I thought it was in the wanted section. Not for sale.. my bad.
monkey
monkey

Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:06 pm
Thanks @silverlocks this has become my opinion too. I only got the Elton proof after buying the Queen (the rock band) proof as a gift for my wife and the value of that one going up well.

I guess fans of Elton don't have as deep pockets as Queen lol.

Going forwards, I think I will get proofs on the secondhand market, unless its something to I fall madly in love with and need immediately!

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum