The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

2024 Durga Le Grand Mint - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 Durga Le Grand Mint

Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:15 am
Silvertrader are selling both the 2023 and 2034 at a rate of 2-3/day over the past couple of days, so unless we see a post-Christmas rush they're not going to run out of stock in the immediate term.

Admin and denby like this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:16 am
CIT are a bit like that as well.  Every now and then I see a really nice CIT design, and then discover that it's 300 Euros.

Having said that, doing proofs is quite expensive. I remember seeing a video once that stated that the Royal Mint have to re-polish their proof dies about every 50 strikes or so.

And if you get into gilding or enamelling the coins, that adds to the cost. I can see why some of the CIT coins are hundreds each.

Admin and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:55 am
Silverlocks wrote:CIT are a bit like that as well.  Every now and then I see a really nice CIT design, and then discover that it's 300 Euros.

Having said that, doing proofs is quite expensive.  I remember seeing a video once that stated that the Royal Mint have to re-polish their proof dies about every 50 strikes or so.

And if you get into gilding or enamelling the coins, that adds to the cost.  I can see why some of the CIT coins are hundreds each.

Even if we do see a rush... I can assure you all that Martin has more.
Cool

denby and Silverlocks like this post

tray
tray

Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:23 pm
Got mine today certainly not a disappointment is turning out to be a very nice series

Admin, The Cat's Mother, denby and Silverlocks like this post

Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:01 pm
Silverlocks wrote:CIT are a bit like that as well.  Every now and then I see a really nice CIT design, and then discover that it's 300 Euros.

Having said that, doing proofs is quite expensive.  I remember seeing a video once that stated that the Royal Mint have to re-polish their proof dies about every 50 strikes or so.

And if you get into gilding or enamelling the coins, that adds to the cost.  I can see why some of the CIT coins are hundreds each.

The CIT 2023 Grand Canyon 5 ounce coin is stunning. But as you related, it is cost prohibitive.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:21 pm
Periodic Table wrote:

The CIT 2023 Grand Canyon 5 ounce coin is stunning. But as you related, it is cost prohibitive.

Some prices are just WTF.. whilst others are reasonable.

There is a line in my books on how much I am prepared to pay PER TROY OUNCE! if that is exceeded than nope.. not intrested.

FYI I am looking at the tracking bud and I dont think it will arrive by Xmas... Neutral at least your Christmas package arrived with plenty of time to spare.

Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:15 pm
Admin wrote:

Some prices are just WTF.. whilst others are reasonable.

There is a line in my books on how much I am prepared to pay PER TROY OUNCE!   if that is exceeded than nope.. not intrested.

FYI I am looking at the tracking bud and I dont think it will arrive by Xmas... Neutral  at least your Christmas package arrived with plenty of time to spare.

I'll keep the line you've drawn in your books in mind and my finger off the enter key. Whew, I feel a lot better now.

The auction package is traveling smoothly through the system and look for it to arrive just after Christmas. Not allowed to say anything about the other package 😉
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:16 pm
LOL I know. I am excited to open and share the Secret Santa package under my tree... I have not yet touched or opened.... just waiting

The Cat's Mother, denby and Silverlocks like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum