The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Christopher2024

Recent experience purchasing a 2 oz silver coin "Girl with Pearl Earrings" Empty Recent experience purchasing a 2 oz silver coin "Girl with Pearl Earrings"

Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:02 pm
I am sharing my recent experience ordering a coin from a reputable coin company so people would be more alerted about what you may get into.

Several months ago, I ordered the 2-oz silver coin “Girls with Pearl Earrings” from Powercoin with excitement and anticipation, not knowing that I had run into a nightmare.

The order was made on 13 Sep 2023, and the coin arrived on 26 Oct 2023. Upon inspection, there was deflection in several places without the capsule opening. I was disappointed and immediately reported it to Powercoin's support department. The company's internal communication was chaotic, and my complaint was not passed on to the logistics department until Dec 2023. During these two months, I was told by the staff in the support department that my complaint was related to the logistics department, but obviously, I was deceived by the staff. Finally, by Dec 2023, I was able to reach the logistics department and follow the instructions to return the defective coin to the company. At the same time, I requested to return the coin and had a replacement. I made the same request again for a few more times through email. The company received the deflected coin in January 2024, and I was told I would receive a replacement soon. However, the company has let me down again. I was told later that there would be no replacement and I could only receive vouchers from the company.

I was filled with excitement and anticipation when I ordered the coin from a big and “reputable” company, Powercoin, and I ended up with frustration, shock, and disbelief as to how a big and reputable company would give her customer such kind of treatment.

The deflective-replacement matter crosses over from 26 Oct to 17 Jan, a total of 3 months, and this is how Powercoin would handle a customer and resolve the matter.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Recent experience purchasing a 2 oz silver coin "Girl with Pearl Earrings" Empty Re: Recent experience purchasing a 2 oz silver coin "Girl with Pearl Earrings"

Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:14 pm
That's a salutory tale @Christopher2024 . At the very least I would expect you to get your money back if the coin was defective and you had rejected it - vouchers aren't very attractive when dealing with them again is probably the last thing you want to do. Powercoin is based in Italy, though, so different customer protection laws may well apply. You could always try requiring reimbursement, but enforcing it is another matter.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Recent experience purchasing a 2 oz silver coin "Girl with Pearl Earrings" Empty Re: Recent experience purchasing a 2 oz silver coin "Girl with Pearl Earrings"

Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:01 pm
Firstly, I feel for you. I have used Power Coin a couple of times but they are not my preferred dealer by far!!!!

Can I ask how you paid? If you have paid by Credit card or Debit Card you are likely to get your money back. Why. Because Power Coin have already Accepted the return.

Giving you vouchers or store credit is not allowed and your card provider will agree.

Depending on your location, you can sort through a tonne of help. But feel free to come back and I along with many others will assist you in your claim.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum