The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

Gold Standard 1/4 Ounce (BU) Empty Gold Standard 1/4 Ounce (BU)

Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:57 am
I just received this 2023 BU 1/4 oz Gold Standard coin. I've always liked the scale/compass design by Dominique Evans and Jody Clark did a great job with the effigy of King Charles. My phone pics can't capture the details but it's sweet in person.

Gold Standard 1/4 Ounce (BU) Img20272
Gold Standard 1/4 Ounce (BU) Img20271
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Gold Standard 1/4 Ounce (BU) Empty Re: Gold Standard 1/4 Ounce (BU)

Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:25 am
Looks very good @Periodic Table

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:27 am
Love it and great size for that image. You would not be able to see it on a 1/10th oz. I know I like the 1/10th coins.. but sometimes you have to go bigger.

Great image and awesome coin.

Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:04 pm
Admin wrote:Love it and great size for that image. You would not be able to see it on a 1/10th oz. I know I like the 1/10th coins.. but sometimes you have to go bigger.

Totally agree @Admin. It has to be bigger for this one.
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:00 am
Admin wrote:Love it and great size for that image. You would not be able to see it on a 1/10th oz. I know I like the 1/10th coins.. but sometimes you have to go bigger.

I've never seen Gold Standards in anything but 1/4oz. Do they make them in 1/10?

Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:15 am
Silverlocks wrote:I've never seen Gold Standards in anything but 1/4oz. Do they make them in 1/10?

Not to my knowledge. Just the 1/4 and one ounce coins.
martysov

Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:19 pm
I'm seeing a few sexy coins lately. Where are you finding them? I definitely fancy something more fun rather than just sovs and brits

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:32 am
martysov wrote:I'm seeing a few sexy coins lately.  Where are you finding them? I definitely fancy something more fun rather than just sovs and brits

For my part, I'm on the e-mailing lists from a number of coin dealers, and they throw up a number of interesting things. I also look around on eBay - not to buy there necessarily, but it is a huge marketplace and has a very wide range of stock. If you see something you fancy then you can search for it online . A Google search under the specific coin will bring a lot out, or you could have a list of dealers to search against. Don't totally discount eBay, a number of honest people sell there as well and stuff comes up you might not get anywhere else. Just avoid anything being sold by a seller in China or the dodgier parts of the world! I did get my Bhutan Monkey from an eBay dealer in Kazakhstan, though, so there are exceptions to every rule.
I don't buy much gold, although I have the Congo Prehistoric Life minigolds (I know, not sensible from a monetary point of view, but very cute). I like the greater surface area on silver and I buy coins for their artistic merits.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:23 am
Does anyone know why he left?
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:33 am
Admin wrote:Does anyone know why he left?
That would be Periodic Table? No idea why he left. All seemed good, he entered the Secret Santa and my New Year guessing game, and was posting as usual. Then suddenly he vanished and PMs weren't possible. I hope he's ok as he was a good member.

Admin and AceBullion like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:17 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:
Admin wrote:Does anyone know why he left?
That would be Periodic Table? No idea why he left. All seemed good, he entered the Secret Santa and my New Year guessing game, and was posting as usual. Then suddenly he vanished and PMs weren't possible. I hope he's ok as he was a good member.

Very sad that he left, i loved his posts. and was a great member. No good bye .. nothing... very sad.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum