The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
silverstacker101
silverstacker101

US Silver Dollars Empty US Silver Dollars

Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:49 pm
I have always liked world silver coins and have albums full especially the US Silver Dollars and collected them in the past if they were going for a reasonable price but I always wanted a set but they sold for high prices individually. Two months ago I seen a listing on Ebay for this set boxed set of 28 uncirculated that the buyer had purchased on a subscription service from the Danbury Mint here in the UK over a two year period and he paid £2500 for which they are still selling . I purchased them from him for £750 including shipping which is £26.78 a coin. What are peoples opinions on the US coins.

US Silver Dollars Morgan10
US Silver Dollars Morgan11

Admin, AceBullion, WeeBear and m&m prospecting like this post

US Silver Dollars Empty Re: US Silver Dollars

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:26 pm
Hi @silverstacker101 I am no expert on these but the following may help.
‘Of the three mints that produced silver dollars in 1888, those struck at San Francisco are scarce today. See the section below the value table and using the mintmark image discover if yours is the "S" mint.
Mintmarks are a small but important detail deciding 1888 Morgan silver dollar value. Finding your coin was struck at the San Francisco mint, identified by an "S" on the reverse increases the potential value. Just below the ribbon is either an "S" for San Francisco, or an "O" indicating New Orleans mint. If no mintmark is found your coin was minted at the Philadelphia mint.
https://www.coinstudy.com/1888-morgan-silver-dollar-value.html
silverstacker101
silverstacker101

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:51 pm
Hi mervs68 I had not thought about checking the Mint marks but it could add value if some were produced in lower mintages. I just like coins from history and I think they will hold their value over time. I like to look back at items I have purchased and I will upload some of the more unusual silver coins I have purchased. Thank you for your comment.

Admin, Fortune8 and AceBullion like this post

m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:41 pm
That's a sweet set are they solid Silver 90%or clad coated silver

Admin, Fortune8 and AceBullion like this post

silverstacker101
silverstacker101

Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:21 pm
Hi they are original US Government issued 90% uncirculated silver coins.

Admin, Fortune8, AceBullion and silverstacker101 like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum