The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

The Royal Tudor Beasts (TRTB) Empty The Royal Tudor Beasts (TRTB)

Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:04 am
I note that the Royal Mint are launching a new coin series TRTB...

Does anyone know if these are...
1. Panther of Henry VI
2. Red Dragon of Henry VII
3. Black Bull of Clarence
4. White Lion of March
... & if so will No.3 be a repeat from the Queen's Beasts series (with a different date)...?

Admin, Fortune8, The Cat's Mother and Martin G like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

The Royal Tudor Beasts (TRTB) Empty Re: The Royal Tudor Beasts (TRTB)

Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:21 am
You beat me to it John!
I've just had an email about these. Apparently the series will concern the beasts lining the Moat Bridge at Hampton Court Palace. From the photo there look to be ten of them, and from the email the first coin will be the Seymour Panther. From a very quick internet search, the list of the Beasts on the Bridge are: the Lion of England, the Royal Dragon, the Tudor Dragon, the Black Bull of Clarence, the Yale of Beaufort, the White Lion of Mortimer, the White Greyhound of Richmond, the Seymour Lion, the Seymour Panther and the Seymour Unicorn. Presumable anyone collecting them would be advised not to buy a collector box until any possibility of a Completer Coin has been determined.
There will be a launch next Wednesday (6th October) at 19.45, streamed live on (I assume) YouTube. The excitement is killing me.

Admin, Fortune8, ShortJohnSilver and Martin G like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:45 am
Update on this series:
The Seymour Panther will be available to buy from tomorrow, 7th October, at 09.00.
I don't know whether this will be the proof edition, which is likely, or whether the Mint is going straight to bullion. No doubt all will be made clear at the launch this evening.

Admin, ShortJohnSilver and Martin G like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:51 pm
I have been told that they are releasing the new ( AGAIN ) version of the Queens Beasts.

Admin and Martin G like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:36 pm
Well, I watched the video of the launch of the Seymour Panther. It looks like proofs only at present, but I couldn't make out the weights. Not designed by Jody Clark, and I was somewhat underwhelmed to be honest. I'll await the bullion version.

Admin, ShortJohnSilver and Martin G like this post

Martin G
Martin G

Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:27 pm
I usually don't buy proof coins because of the higher risk attached to them. I'm no expert but woke up this morning and thought surely it's a no brainer this one.
Pulled the trigger on a 1oz silver proof, the 2 and the 5oz has already sold out.

Admin likes this post

Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:29 pm
I think it's a very cynical move by the Royal Mint to release the first of what is a King and Queen's Beasts set at a time when we are fairly likely to see the monarch change at some point during.

Whatever you think of Lizardbreath (I have my own feelings there but try to keep them to myself Smile ) I find it insensitive and rather crass.
ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:01 pm
The Royal Tudor Beasts (TRTB) 16337910
Has anyone else come across these...?

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:31 pm
Pobjoy Mint have (relatively) recently issued a set of Queen's Beasts coins on behalf of the British Indian Ocean Territory. There were ten coins in the set. I haven't seen this particular pairing before, and it dates from 1978 so I don't know how many might be around now.

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:40 pm
ShortJohnSilver wrote:The Royal Tudor Beasts (TRTB) 16337910
Has anyone else come across these...?

That's a great find, never seen these! Do you have these yourself? An obvious 'inspiration' for the Completer!!!

I wonder what's on the other side of the medallions and why the list of Beasts don't match either the Queen's Beasts or each other (?)
ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:47 pm
Yes @Kimchi, I do own these and the accompanying stamps 😁.
The way that these coins are mounted does not show the 'other' side of these medallions unfortunately & it has never worried me...
UNTIL NOW!!! 👀

Admin likes this post

Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:11 pm
ShortJohnSilver wrote:Yes @Kimchi, I do own these and the accompanying stamps 😁.
The way that these coins are mounted does not show the 'other' side of these medallions unfortunately & it has never worried me...
UNTIL NOW!!! 👀

Wow, that's a very very interesting set to own indeed. If you didn't buy it recently or got it for a good price you may have a hot item in your hands for the right market!

The problem I find with rare Pobjoy stuff is finding any info without contacting them directly, please keep us posted!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum