The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Royal Tudor Beasts Monarch's Head Empty Royal Tudor Beasts Monarch's Head

Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:50 pm
One thing has occurred to me about the Royal Tudor Beasts series. The series started with the Seymour Panther, issued in proof but not BU. This was followed by the Lion of England and the Yale of Beaufort, in both proof and BU versions. All issues so far have Queen Elizabeth's head on the obverse. Presumably, future issues will bear King Charles' head and this may mean that the proof and BU versions of the Seymour Panther could bear the heads of different monarchs. Royal Tudor Beasts Monarch's Head 1f431

denby likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Royal Tudor Beasts Monarch's Head Empty Re: Royal Tudor Beasts Monarch's Head

Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:32 pm
I believe that they still use the portrait of a deceased Monarch for a year, so it depends on how quickly they release them. But I don’t personally see an issue with having different monarch heads.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:54 pm
I don't see it as an issue, but it will be unusual to see, essentially, the same coin with different heads.
tray
tray

Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:11 pm
My understanding The head of monarch will stay until end of year the Tudor set has a few years left to run, so should be a change next year same goes for the monarch set
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum