The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Fortune8
Fortune8

A question about my cast Silver collection? Empty A question about my cast Silver collection?

Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:44 pm
Below you will see a few pic's of some very fine hallmarked cast silver.
What I would like to know is, apart from being all being hand made by the same person is, what do all four pieces have in common?????
Obvious answers like  "made of silver" and "They're all stunning" are correct but not the right answer?
Will it be @The Cat's Mother  @Kimchi, or someone else who gets it right first?

GOOD LUCK

A question about my cast Silver collection? 20211010
A question about my cast Silver collection? 20211013
A question about my cast Silver collection? 20211011
A question about my cast Silver collection? 20211012

ShortJohnSilver likes this post

A question about my cast Silver collection? Empty Re: A question about my cast Silver collection?

Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:48 pm
Jon made them all?

I hope there is no prize for this if I'm right, I'm very proud of my many decades of trying desperately to win something only to fail at each and every attempt Crying or Very sad

Last edited by kimchi on Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fortune8
Fortune8

A question about my cast Silver collection? Empty Re: A question about my cast Silver collection?

Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:57 pm
kimchi wrote:They are all prototypes/test pours?

I hope there is no prize for this if I'm right, I'm very proud of my many decades of trying desperately to win something only to fail at each and every attempt Crying or Very sad

Sorry @Kimchi Strictly for fun

Fortune8 likes this post

Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:08 pm
Fortune8 wrote:
kimchi wrote:They were all hallmarked in Chad?

Sorry @Kimchi Strictly for fun

That's the best kind of quiz/riddle!

I have edited my answer bud just in case I was right so others can have a go (don't know if you want to edit your quote?)  Smile

I may run a quiz on my package of shame later today... Shocked

Cheers!

Last edited by kimchi on Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:38 pm
Kimchi, I won't mention that your original answer was copied by Lucky in his replies, and remains unedited.
I suspect it may be correct. Another possibility is: all hallmarked in Edinburgh.
You really ought to win a prize, just because you're worth it!

Fortune8 likes this post

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:23 pm
Thankies TCM! Silly me - I've edited my quote of @Fortune8 's post now in case he wants to edit his and let other folk have a go Smile I might have been wrong anyway!

I would hate to lose my loser status now, it's been with me so long. I was even first loser on the inaugural forum competition! That's why I wanted the 'ALWAYS WINNER' Korean coin because, ironically, everyone lost! But I think Jon melted that one down as he was not a happy bunny with it!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:28 pm
The post at 14.57 is still unedited. If you're going amend the historic record you need to have real attention to detail. lol!

Fortune8 and ShortJohnSilver like this post

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:32 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:The post at 14.57 is still unedited. If you're going amend the historic record you need to have real attention to detail. lol!

Well I've asked twice now, once in each of my replies so...

1) maybe he doesn't want to

and/or

2) I was wrong (he didn't say I was right!!!)

Smile

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:35 pm
Maybe he's doing something else and hasn't read your posts.
He might even be waiting for a few more 'entries' before revealing the answer.

Fortune8 likes this post

Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:24 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Maybe he's doing something else and hasn't read your posts.

A highly recommended use of anyone's time!  lol!

The Cat's Mother wrote:He might even be waiting for a few more 'entries' before revealing the answer.

I think that would likely mean I'm wrong!

Have at it folks! Very Happy
Fortune8
Fortune8

Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:12 pm
For the record, nobody has got it right as yet, especially "They were all hallmarked in Chad?" lol!

Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:33 pm
Fortune8 wrote:For the record, nobody has got it right as yet, especially "They were all hallmarked in Chad?"   lol!

Well I think JonRMS is missing a trick there personally!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:12 pm
I was wondering if Merv could take them to Ulaan Baator for hallmarking. It would certainly be a talking point.

Fortune8 likes this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:13 am
I don't know and I made them!  Ahhh 
I suspect they can't be mu e because they look really good. Did you ohotoshop. LOL

Fortune8 likes this post

Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:53 am
TCM I'm sending a pack yac to pik them up - by Amazon 🐂

Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:55 pm
Hmm, were you lucky enough to bag serial numbers 001 of all four pieces  @Fortune8 ?

mervs68 wrote:TCM I'm sending a pack yac to pik them up - by Amazon 🐂

Do you also deal with mining tools, indigenous Scots, hoovers or convicted felons?

If so how many picks, Picts, vacs and convicts can your pack yacs pik? scratch

Last edited by kimchi on Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:19 pm
However, if in a fit of pique your yak nicks the pick the Picts picked, he may find it's no picnic.

Fortune8 likes this post

Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:40 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:However, if in a fit of pique your yak nicks the pick the Picts picked, he may find it's no picnic.

Agreed that could be very troublesome indeed.

Hmmm, perhaps they could all be distracted by a Formula 1 joke? It worked a treat in the case of the elves and the Schumacher...
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:11 pm
Or they could be asked to explain how Catskill Mountains.

Fortune8 and AceBullion like this post

Fortune8
Fortune8

Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:33 pm
Hmm, were you lucky enough to bag serial numbers 001 of all four pieces  @Fortune8 ?

cheers   100% CORRECT @Kimchi   cheers   Well done   bounce

I feel almost obliged to reward you with a gift of some sort, I'll give it some thought?

AceBullion likes this post

Fortune8
Fortune8

Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:07 pm
@Kimchi   I've given it some thought, but un-Fortune8-ly, due to the mental stress and anxiety of the seemingly endless lockdown imposed on us by bureaucratic numpties, I can't really be bothered!  I'm sure you understand?
Also, the only thing I could think of to congratulate you for being the first to get the question correct, was an unframed, black and white, photocopy of the unique specimens of beauty, (which are all mine), so you could enviously drool over how Fortune8 I was to get them.
Best regards.

AceBullion likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:13 pm
@Fortune8 - what about a nice toy duck to replace the one that @Kimchi has now broken?

Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:20 pm
Hurrah, hurray for me!!!  cheers   king  cheers  cheers

And thank you kindly indeed Fortune8 for the complete absence of a prize, I am very relieved, you had me a bit worried there for a moment!

I did wonder if the answer was they've all been poured live on JonRMS Youtube channel but couldn't remember the button (and they say an elephant never forgets! Tut tut  farao ).

I do like to share the spoils of victory joy and happiness, so to prevent any unique freak Pique I am going to get some niknaks for  @mervs68  pik yacs that the local Mansells  Very Happy
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:13 pm
And on that note, this topic is now locked.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum