The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions wanted please

+6
The Cat's Mother
Admin
ShortJohnSilver
Mcb2007
Jazz
AceBullion
10 posters
Go down
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 414
Join date : 2021-05-25
Location : England UK
https://www.acebullion.com

Opinions wanted please Empty Opinions wanted please

Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:20 pm
I have made my 10OZ bar and the new 5oz bar. 

They are roughly cleaned, only to show the photos. 

I plan on sanding off the ACE stamp on the rear of the 10oz bar because it skipped during stamping.  

What do you think of the NEW front design? 
AceBullion 
Fine
Silver 
999

Then 10 or 5 ozt  

These are the first bars and pours / Stamped done in 2022

Opinions wanted please 20220110

Admin, Fortune8 and Mcb2007 like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 414
Join date : 2021-05-25
Location : England UK
https://www.acebullion.com

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:22 pm
Opinions wanted please 20220112
Opinions wanted please 20220113
Opinions wanted please 20220111

Fortune8 and Mcb2007 like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 414
Join date : 2021-05-25
Location : England UK
https://www.acebullion.com

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:23 pm
Opinions wanted please 20220114
Opinions wanted please 20220116
Opinions wanted please 20220115

Fortune8 and Mcb2007 like this post

avatar
Guest
Guest

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:39 pm
Looking great😁👌
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 414
Join date : 2021-05-25
Location : England UK
https://www.acebullion.com

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:10 pm
I am gutted about the backsides.  But I have a tiny amount of silver to work with. 
Just hoping it will sort it out and keep the ripples on the 5oz. The 10oz I have more flexibility.  

I won't be putting serial numbers on yet. Perhaps I will down the road.
Jazz
Jazz
Posts : 250
Join date : 2021-05-24
Age : 29
Location : Leeds

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:48 pm
It looks great buddy!
You are dedicated at what you do which is amazing 🙌🏼

Admin and AceBullion like this post

Mcb2007
Mcb2007
Posts : 291
Join date : 2021-11-20
Location : UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:50 pm
Looking great , love the ripple effect on the 5oz . I would have no idea where to start it’s beyond me .

AceBullion likes this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 414
Join date : 2021-05-25
Location : England UK
https://www.acebullion.com

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:07 pm
Mcb2007 wrote:Looking great , love the ripple effect on the 5oz . I would have no idea where to start it’s beyond me .
That bad?   LOL  ( Hope not!  )
Mcb2007
Mcb2007
Posts : 291
Join date : 2021-11-20
Location : UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:22 pm
AceBullion wrote:
Mcb2007 wrote:Looking great , love the ripple effect on the 5oz . I would have no idea where to start it’s beyond me .
That bad?   LOL  ( Hope not!  )

Yep give me a hammer and a spoon and I’m happy 😂😂

The Cat's Mother and AceBullion like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 414
Join date : 2021-05-25
Location : England UK
https://www.acebullion.com

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:59 pm
Opinions wanted please 1f605
ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver
Moderator
Posts : 244
Join date : 2021-07-04
Age : 57
Location : Redcar UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:50 pm
I really cannot decide, the two bars are very similar except for their size.
The photos don't really show the details.
Post them over to me and I'll give them a proper appraisal ;-)

The Cat's Mother and AceBullion like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 414
Join date : 2021-05-25
Location : England UK
https://www.acebullion.com

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:30 am
ShortJohnSilver wrote:I really cannot decide, the two bars are very similar except for their size.
The photos don't really show the details.
Post them over to me and I'll give them a proper appraisal ;-)
lol!
ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver
Moderator
Posts : 244
Join date : 2021-07-04
Age : 57
Location : Redcar UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:34 am
AceBullion wrote:
ShortJohnSilver wrote:I really cannot decide, the two bars are very similar except for their size.
The photos don't really show the details.
Post them over to me and I'll give them a proper appraisal ;-)
lol!

Wot? 😆

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 2020
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:18 am
I should have added the 1 kilo bar to the picture. Perhaps the next pictures will contain the Kilo bar as well.

ShortJohnSilver likes this post

ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver
Moderator
Posts : 244
Join date : 2021-07-04
Age : 57
Location : Redcar UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:24 am
Admin wrote:I should have added the 1 kilo bar to the picture. Perhaps the next pictures will contain the Kilo bar as well.

That is something that I will need to QA for you.
Just like @mervs68, I used to be cracking with a slap-spoon...

Admin likes this post

avatar
Guest
Guest

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:35 pm
🤔🤔🤔🥄😁
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1736
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:58 pm
ShortJohnSilver wrote:
Admin wrote:I should have added the 1 kilo bar to the picture. Perhaps the next pictures will contain the Kilo bar as well.

That is something that I will need to QA for you.
Just like @mervs68, I used to be cracking with a slap-spoon...

For those of us who grew up speaking proper English*, what does "cracking with a slap-spoon' mean?

*Absolutely no disrespect to the non-native English speaking members, whose English is better than that of many people I know

Admin likes this post

ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver
Moderator
Posts : 244
Join date : 2021-07-04
Age : 57
Location : Redcar UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:49 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
ShortJohnSilver wrote:
Admin wrote:I should have added the 1 kilo bar to the picture. Perhaps the next pictures will contain the Kilo bar as well.

That is something that I will need to QA for you.
Just like @mervs68, I used to be cracking with a slap-spoon...

For those of us who grew up speaking proper English*, what does "cracking with a slap-spoon' mean?

*Absolutely no disrespect to the non-native English speaking members, whose English is better than that of many people I know

If you were to hear me speak, you'd think one were posh...

It means good at removing dents from car bodywork etc.
I was indicating I could sort out the surface of the poured bars ;¬)

References
1. Crakin'...
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/crackin'

2. Slap-spoon...
https://carsmart.shop/product/slapping-spoon/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA2sqOBhCGARIsAPuPK0hjka4swO8xEOfgg1og6GxO37i492xspPmAMEOsHZkB9tGwaI7-8IIaArpIEALw_wcB

3. Earlier comment from @mervs68 who also mentioned 'hammer-&-spoon' (rather than driving himself to madness with a silver-spoon, which is something completely different!).

Hope this helps :¬#

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1736
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:51 pm
It does, thank you.

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver
Moderator
Posts : 244
Join date : 2021-07-04
Age : 57
Location : Redcar UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:58 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:It does, thank you.

LOVL!!!

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

Mcb2007
Mcb2007
Posts : 291
Join date : 2021-11-20
Location : UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:10 pm
ShortJohnSilver wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:
ShortJohnSilver wrote:
Admin wrote:I should have added the 1 kilo bar to the picture. Perhaps the next pictures will contain the Kilo bar as well.

That is something that I will need to QA for you.
Just like @mervs68, I used to be cracking with a slap-spoon...

For those of us who grew up speaking proper English*, what does "cracking with a slap-spoon' mean?

*Absolutely no disrespect to the non-native English speaking members, whose English is better than that of many people I know

If you were to hear me speak, you'd think one were posh...

It means good at removing dents from car bodywork etc.
I was indicating I could sort out the surface of the poured bars ;¬)


3. Earlier comment from @mervs68 who also mentioned 'hammer-&-spoon' (rather than driving himself to madness with a silver-spoon, which is something completely different!).

Hope this helps :¬#

Excuse me but I think you might find that was my comment , you trying to push me out of the group .
Ones feelings are easily hurt dot you know.

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver
Moderator
Posts : 244
Join date : 2021-07-04
Age : 57
Location : Redcar UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:13 pm
Mcb2007 wrote:
ShortJohnSilver wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:
ShortJohnSilver wrote:
Admin wrote:I should have added the 1 kilo bar to the picture. Perhaps the next pictures will contain the Kilo bar as well.

That is something that I will need to QA for you.
Just like @mervs68, I used to be cracking with a slap-spoon...

For those of us who grew up speaking proper English*, what does "cracking with a slap-spoon' mean?

*Absolutely no disrespect to the non-native English speaking members, whose English is better than that of many people I know

If you were to hear me speak, you'd think one were posh...

It means good at removing dents from car bodywork etc.
I was indicating I could sort out the surface of the poured bars ;¬)


3. Earlier comment from @mervs68 who also mentioned 'hammer-&-spoon' (rather than driving himself to madness with a silver-spoon, which is something completely different!).

Hope this helps :¬#

Excuse me but I think you might find that was my comment , you trying to push me out of the group .
Ones feelings are easily hurt dot you know.

Who is Dot...?

Admin and Mcb2007 like this post

Mcb2007
Mcb2007
Posts : 291
Join date : 2021-11-20
Location : UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:16 pm
ShortJohnSilver wrote:
Mcb2007 wrote:
ShortJohnSilver wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:
ShortJohnSilver wrote:
Admin wrote:I should have added the 1 kilo bar to the picture. Perhaps the next pictures will contain the Kilo bar as well.

That is something that I will need to QA for you.
Just like @mervs68, I used to be cracking with a slap-spoon...

For those of us who grew up speaking proper English*, what does "cracking with a slap-spoon' mean?

*Absolutely no disrespect to the non-native English speaking members, whose English is better than that of many people I know

If you were to hear me speak, you'd think one were posh...

It means good at removing dents from car bodywork etc.
I was indicating I could sort out the surface of the poured bars ;¬)


3. Earlier comment from @mervs68 who also mentioned 'hammer-&-spoon' (rather than driving himself to madness with a silver-spoon, which is something completely different!).

Hope this helps :¬#

Excuse me but I think you might find that was my comment , you trying to push me out of the group .
Ones feelings are easily hurt dot you know.

Who is Dot...?

Fat fums with all the hammer work make it hard typing , should read don’t

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 2020
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:31 am
I could sand away the dents, but then my 5oz bar would be a 100g bar  lol! and my 10oz might be a 5 oz

ShortJohnSilver and Mcb2007 like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1736
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:43 am
Possible actions:
Run a blow torch over it so the melted silver fills the dents.
Stamp dinosaur footprints over the dents and call it a Jurassic Bar
Start a new line of Wonky Bars like Morrisons do veg.
Send it to  @ShortJohnSilver for appraisal, but I believe he charges a hefty fee, around the value of the bar

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

Sponsored content

Opinions wanted please Empty Re: Opinions wanted please

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum