The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
denby
denby

Silver price manipulation, what do you think? Empty Silver price manipulation, what do you think?

Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:03 pm
Hello to all on our Forum.

What do you think about 2022, can it be the year that the Comex price manipulation by the Banksters is broken by the retail silver investors?

I have a feeling that the paper silver price will not match the physical silver price any longer.

With 7% inflation running hot in the Western World with interest rates at 0.1% in the USA, ie a 40 year high. This negative rate could hit 25% very quickly and break the link between paper and physical silver prices. We could see all time highs like 1980 and 2011.

Oil has gone up from 20 to over 80 dollars per barrel since the recent crash, gas is unbelievable, why not silver?

all the best, hope I am right for once!

Admin, ShortJohnSilver, dingy1688 and Mcb2007 like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Silver price manipulation, what do you think? Empty Re: Silver price manipulation, what do you think?

Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:16 pm
denby wrote:Hello to all on our Forum.

What do you think about 2022, can it be the year that the Comex price manipulation by the Banksters is broken by the retail silver investors?

I have a feeling that the paper silver price will not match the physical silver price any longer.

With 7% inflation running hot in the Western World with interest rates at 0.1% in the USA, ie a 40 year high.  This negative rate could hit 25% very quickly and break the link between paper and physical silver prices. We could see all time highs like 1980 and 2011.

Oil has gone up from 20 to over 80 dollars per barrel since the recent crash, gas is unbelievable, why not silver?

all the best, hope I am right for once!
I think that 2022 will be a reset on the precious metals, and I firmly believe that prices will go down ( along with Gold and others ) then as the worlds economy rebuilds 2023 could be the start of the major rises. Like when the tragedies from 2015 when China devalued its currency, or when ISIS attacks . 

1980 Start of Iran / Iraq war.  US Passes "Crude Oil Windfall Profits Tax Act" to tax high profits by oil companies 

So I do not think that we are out of the woods yet for the plummeting prices of Silver just yet. As i stated I forecast a reset and then the prices will jump as historically. 

But that is just my opinion. 

denby, m&m prospecting and Mcb2007 like this post

Silver price manipulation, what do you think? Empty Re: Silver price manipulation, what do you think?

Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:36 pm
Hi @denby,
Good question. Good points. No easy answers. Even Crystal balls get cloudy.

My take is: I would prefer to see the price of silver make slow incremental sustainable rises rather than the usual, soar then fall routine. That leads naturally to precious metals dealers rising prices accordingly and also the premiums on silver investment coins. These prices may not make a relative corresponding decline when prices drop again. Silver coin investment is then taken out of the price range of the ‘man in the street’. All due to a fleeting price soar.

Will the price soar? All things are possible in an unpredictable world. The fundamentals, looking forward appear positive. Silvers usage in the ‘green energy revolution’ would imply massive amounts of industrial usage. Which is a double-edged sword. Massive demand but at controlled prices. There are, as you rightly state, many big players who do not want soaring silver prices.

The $£billions that found refuge in Gold and Silver a decade or so ago when equities would crash, may look for alternatives – like cryptocurrencies. Out with the old, in with the modern. What may have been suitable strategy for older traders and circumstances then, may not apply to the young and changing trading climate of today.
Random events, forge change. We know not what is before us. Nor what precipitates wild and unexpected movements. The only thing we can state is that Gold and Silver have been important for thousands of years. Sometimes shining. Sometimes dull. To everything there is a season.
This guy is good to listen to – David Morgan
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?view=detail&mid=282DA1635FA94C7C8410282DA1635FA94C7C8410&q=kitco youtube today
m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:32 am
As well over here I've heard that possibly that silver might do some catching up and gold go up but I'm not seeing it yet I do hope it goes up but as you pointed out gas is outrageous. I'm starting to believe it's gonna drop as you said

Admin and denby like this post

ANT ORTA
ANT ORTA
https://www.youtube.com

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:21 pm
I know this May seem very strange, But I am very happy with the current spot price . If the price ever reaches $40 an oz I will be Very hesitant to make A purchase

denby likes this post

denby
denby

Silver price manipulation, what do you think? Empty Buying Silver

Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:29 pm
Hello Ant,

Good to hear from you. I think we should keep on buying Silver no matter the price. When gold and silver were tied together as money ie during the Sterling days. They were fixed at a 1 to 15 ratio. If we ever get back to these days in the future we are looking at around $122 an ounce for silver at todays gold price.

ANT ORTA likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:43 pm
ANT ORTA wrote:I know this May seem very strange, But I am very happy with the current spot price . If the price ever reaches  $40 an oz I will be Very hesitant to make A purchase
Seems very sensible @ANT ORTA. There comes a point where the price is beyond what the buyer is willing to pay, and if individuals can't afford to buy silver, or are reluctant to do so, then the only sales will be for industrial purposes and industry is unlikely to pay any premium at all for bullion or collector items. An item's value is determined by the market, and the market would be buying at spot or as near as they could get. A stacker might make an initial profit, but they would lose out when it came to replace their hoard. Industry would add the increased price on to the price of the final article, so wouldn't lose out. Tying gold and silver prices together was an artificial construct, and I tend to think that current spot is about right - though for purely selfish motives (I'm buying, not selling) I wouldn't mind if it dropped some!

denby likes this post

denby
denby

Silver price manipulation, what do you think? Empty Silver price over last 7 days.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:45 pm
Hello All,

Since I posted a week ago when the price was £16,67 an ounce, we now have over £17,67 an ounce, is the manipulation of the price breaking down?

Admin and ANT ORTA like this post

ANT ORTA
ANT ORTA

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:55 pm
I completely understand that silver. Moves on the. Market like crazy but if u really look at it. Silver is. Really under valued by a long shot. I don’t mind paying so called high premiums on. Some. Silver if I like it. Most of the. Time. The. Silver I buy. Just goes into the melting dish hahaha

Admin and denby like this post

denby
denby

Silver price manipulation, what do you think? Empty Melting Pot for silver coins.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:03 pm
Hello Ant,

Why do you melt down your silver coins.

Do you make Jewelry out of it? Or what do you make with the silver?

Admin and ANT ORTA like this post

ANT ORTA
ANT ORTA

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:30 pm
I am a pour artist can make anything it’s usually a fun piece of artwork I have make. .999 fs bars , rounds custom sand casting I’ve poured. Skulls , bones, feathers, Eagles. And. Bear claws. Just to name. A few 👍🏽 I also collect coins and. Stack silver bullion when I can or if I have enough money , let me kno if u are ever interested in a future hand poured piece

Admin, AceBullion and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:35 pm
ANT ORTA wrote:I am a pour artist can make anything it’s usually  a fun piece of artwork I have make. .999 fs bars , rounds  custom  sand casting  I’ve poured. Skulls , bones, feathers, Eagles. And. Bear claws. Just to name. A few 👍🏽 I also collect coins and. Stack silver bullion when I can  or if I have enough money , let me kno if u are ever interested in a future hand poured piece
LOL I know bud. 

I am saying nothing though.  lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

denby likes this post

JOS WRSM
JOS WRSM
https://www.wwp-diemen.nl/

Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:27 pm
I find your opinions very interesting. Thanks for this, it got me thinking again. Idea
But for the short term. Wouldn't it be better to ask this question:
What is Putin going to do?  Silver price manipulation, what do you think? 1f62e

denby likes this post

JOS WRSM
JOS WRSM
https://www.wwp-diemen.nl/

Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:48 pm

Interesting. Can you show us some of your creations? Or has something already been posted?

ANT ORTA wrote:I am a pour artist can make anything it’s usually  a fun piece of artwork I have make. .999 fs bars , rounds  custom  sand casting  I’ve poured. Skulls , bones, feathers, Eagles. And. Bear claws. Just to name. A few 👍🏽 I also collect coins and. Stack silver bullion when I can  or if I have enough money , let me kno if u are ever interested in a future hand poured piece

denby likes this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:10 pm
I was with someone today who works in banking and was convinced the silver price has been manipulated as a lot of the banks where seriously short in terms of physical compared to the silver ETFs they where selling.

He thinks most of the major banks have reduced their risk regarding physical silver over the past 2 years and expects the silver price to increase in the coming months.
However he doesn’t think there will be a correction back to the historic ratio of silver to gold price of of 35:1

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:17 pm
SanMarino wrote:I was with someone today who works in banking and was convinced the silver price has been manipulated as a lot of the banks where seriously short in terms of physical compared to the silver ETFs they where selling.

He thinks most of the major banks have reduced their risk regarding physical silver over the past 2 years and expects the silver price to increase in the coming months.
However he doesn’t think there will be a correction back to the historic ratio of silver to gold price of of 35:1
I wouldnt rule it out, but that said in these uncertain times who really can predict the price of silver or gold. I really think that Platinum will go through the roof in the next 6-12 months. That is something to really focus and watch. Hence me buying as much fractional 1/10th oz as I can.
SanMarino
SanMarino

Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:09 am
Interesting point about platinum admin

It does appear silver and gold but especially silver is somewhat behind in the inflationary environment

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:22 pm
SanMarino wrote:Interesting point about platinum admin

It does appear silver and gold but especially silver is somewhat behind in the inflationary environment

Where are Platinum and Palladium mainly mined?

Why has the numbers not gone up when it is industrial as well as a collectors precious metal. And I have watched a decline in the availability of Platinum. 

I think it will be a big push, especially if you look at what it takes for all these Electrical devices. And yes sadly platinum is needed
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum