The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SanMarino
SanMarino
Posts : 116
Join date : 2022-06-05

5oz coins, silver trader was right!  Empty 5oz coins, silver trader was right!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:52 pm
I’ve always wanted a 5oz coin and have been searching for a suitable 5oz coin to add to my collection.
I would love a 5oz Armenian Noah’s ark.

However silver traders advice was correct and I’m disappointed.

The mark up on 5oz coins is insane!

And yet I don’t understand why other than they are not popular so are made in smaller batches.
But 10oz coins have a lower premium so why do 5oz have a higher premium?

Anyway I’ve decided not to intentionally buy anymore coins this year (saying that I have an order from ace bullion on the way) but will make an exception for a 5oz Noah’s ark.

Rant over!

The Cat's Mother likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector
Posts : 172
Join date : 2022-06-02
Location : Northamptonshire

5oz coins, silver trader was right!  Empty Re: 5oz coins, silver trader was right!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:14 am
How odd. But I do find there is only a tiny difference in premiums between 1 oz coins, all the way up to 1kg bars. The popularity of silver must be driving the premiums up. Whilst I love the look, feel and detail of the larger coins, I find them a pain to store. 1 and 2 oz coins fit nicely in my tubes.

The Cat's Mother likes this post

tray
tray
Posts : 299
Join date : 2022-07-02

5oz coins, silver trader was right!  Empty Re: 5oz coins, silver trader was right!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:12 am
I say every month no more coins this month, then another set comes in up I like. I only got 1oz and 2oz
The only bars I have is 2 James bond 1oz's and a poured 100g that's nice to hold its heavy

The Cat's Mother, ArcaneCollector and anch like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 359
Join date : 2021-05-25
https://www.acebullion.com

5oz coins, silver trader was right!  Empty Re: 5oz coins, silver trader was right!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:50 am
You can always get a 1 kilo AceBullion bar for very close to spot price Very Happy

You just have to contact me, I will melt down your 1oz coins and even assay the bar if required. The fees lay in shipping , assay and a little bit for me to melt it. I do it all Live on YouTube as well so you get a joy of watching your bar being created.

The Cat's Mother, tray and anch like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1290
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

5oz coins, silver trader was right!  Empty Re: 5oz coins, silver trader was right!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:54 am
tray wrote:I say every month no more coins this month, then another set comes in up I like. I only got 1oz and 2oz
The only bars I have is 2 James bond 1oz's and a poured 100g that's nice to hold its heavy
It's a beggar isn't it  @tray , and I like to think I'm doing my bit to help you to spend your money.  5oz coins, silver trader was right!  1f63a
There is some lovely stuff on its way .......  5oz coins, silver trader was right!  1f63b

tray likes this post

tray
tray
Posts : 299
Join date : 2022-07-02

5oz coins, silver trader was right!  Empty Re: 5oz coins, silver trader was right!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:42 am
Lol yes always appreciative to new ideas.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 1625
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

5oz coins, silver trader was right!  Empty Re: 5oz coins, silver trader was right!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:11 am
SanMarino wrote:I’ve always wanted a 5oz coin and have been searching for a suitable 5oz coin to add to my collection.
I would love a 5oz Armenian Noah’s ark.

However silver traders advice was correct and I’m disappointed.

The mark up on 5oz coins is insane!

And yet I don’t understand why other than they are not popular so are made in smaller batches.
But 10oz coins have a lower premium so why do 5oz have a higher premium?

Anyway I’ve decided not to intentionally buy anymore coins this year (saying that I have an order from ace bullion on the way) but will make an exception for a 5oz Noah’s ark.

Rant over!

Ironically I priced my poured 5 oz and 10 oz for the market. My 10oz is going for 26.50 per oz. and my 5oz bars are going for about £28

I might have a look at my prices but I know why mine are the way they are. it is still odd how coins are at that price.

denby and tray like this post

anch
anch
Posts : 26
Join date : 2022-08-11

5oz coins, silver trader was right!  Empty Re: 5oz coins, silver trader was right!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:07 pm
Have you seen these coins https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/silver-bars/5oz-silver-bars/scottsdale-5oz-silver-round-stacker/

If you haven't used them before you get a free 1oz coin on your first order over £250 if you use a referral code. That might help bring the price down a bit.

I've not seen many 5ox coins other than the ones on there.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 1625
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

5oz coins, silver trader was right!  Empty Re: 5oz coins, silver trader was right!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:05 pm
anch wrote:Have you seen these coins https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/silver-bars/5oz-silver-bars/scottsdale-5oz-silver-round-stacker/

If you haven't used them before you get a free 1oz coin on your first order over £250 if you use a referral code. That might help bring the price down a bit.

I've not seen many 5ox coins other than the ones on there.
I stack and collect the Scottsdale 5 oz stackers. Yes I am aware of that but thank you for the link. Just in case others have not . 


I have been collecting for over 20 Yikes.. years.

anch likes this post

avatar
Guest
Guest

5oz coins, silver trader was right!  Empty Re: 5oz coins, silver trader was right!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:33 pm
AceBullion wrote:You can always get a 1 kilo AceBullion bar for very close to spot price Very Happy

You just have to contact me, I will melt down your 1oz coins and even assay the bar if required.  The fees lay in shipping , assay and a little bit for me to melt it. I do it all Live on YouTube as well so you get a joy of watching your bar being created.

That is a crazy price, don't tempt me!!!...
Sponsored content

5oz coins, silver trader was right!  Empty Re: 5oz coins, silver trader was right!

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum