The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
SanMarino
SanMarino

Royal Mint now doing pre owned bullion  Empty Royal Mint now doing pre owned bullion

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:16 am
https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/uk-coin-ranges/pre-owned-bullion-coins/

It’s currently only gold coins but an interesting development

Will they sell used VAT free silver ?

Admin and ilank14 like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Royal Mint now doing pre owned bullion  Empty Re: Royal Mint now doing pre owned bullion

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:33 am
SanMarino wrote:https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/uk-coin-ranges/pre-owned-bullion-coins/

It’s currently only gold coins but an interesting development

Will they sell used VAT free silver ?

Shocked Shocked Shocked ok I expect them to make some profit, but spot is £1492  they are selling 1oz gold at £1587

There is making a profit and then there is robbing us all. That is a difference  of £95

Verse buying a new 1oz gold coin, which costs. £1598 only £11 difference and Carded! What.... they have some nerve.
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Royal Mint now doing pre owned bullion  Empty Re: Royal Mint now doing pre owned bullion

Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:49 am
That’s expensive! I can get a new gold Brit for £1530 at Tavex.

Admin and anch like this post

tray
tray

Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:21 pm
Just had a look not much cheaper, am going to the mint in afew weeks time . will have a look and see if they've actually got any in the shop for sale

Admin and SanMarino like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:52 pm
Tray,
Visiting the mint is on my to do list.
I would be grateful if you can provide a review of your visit, what to see, what to avoid, general costs, parking, etc.

Admin and ilank14 like this post

tray
tray

Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:40 pm
Done it about 4 years ago I did the tour it was about £13.50. you'll see how they make the coins from behind glass on the machines and tell you a bit of history on how they are made. It was pretty good. There is a viP tour £99 only on a Wednesday is fully booked for the rest of the year but it's in very small groups and you get to see some very expensive sovereigns and things I like the general tour. At the end of it there is the museum which is really good. You can do strike your own. You pay extra for £7 probably gone up but it's quite unique. Parking is free and they have a good size car park. Easy to find. Well sign posted and they have a cafe which is expensive. The shop is pretty good.well stocked last time I was there I managed to swap normal 10p's for the 10 piece a to z run loads of places to stay around it worth a visit I spent the morning in it easy

Admin, ilank14 and SanMarino like this post

ilank14
ilank14

Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:42 am
Parking at the Melbourne Mint would be a nightmare, right in the CBD!!

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum