The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

When did you start your precious metals collecting?  Empty When did you start your precious metals collecting?

Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:24 pm
Hi everyone.. I started 'futures trading' of Gold about 2005.I was doing OK then came one correction and profits fell away.. I got a margin call from broker and decided I get out... Naturally it went back up again after a week or so🙄. Give it up until 2006 when I decided I'd buy the real thing... You could get a 1gram bar of. 999 gold for £10 on ebay.!!! Built a nice collection of these little 1 grams and Silver art bars and intended keeping them for few years till gold really took off.
Then our daughter got married (and over in florida) so had to sell everything to do my duties... Started collecting again, small time in 2015 and sold nearly all the gold, spring 2020. Kept couple of 1/10 Australian gold 'kangaroos'..and 7.5gm in small bars. Also sold some Platinum bars but kept the Silver.... And have been adding to the Silver since early this year... I do believe we are entering a new long term Commodities cycle... So good luck to all who believe in precious metals... 😁👌
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

When did you start your precious metals collecting?  Empty Re: When did you start your precious metals collecting?

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:08 pm
The idea in trading " virtual" bullion is appealing, but it has too many risks for me. I have only dabbled in Crypto using Coin Base. But the charges are very high per transaction.

I still have made money that way. But for me owning physical Bullion is where I like to be. My view is at the end of the day, should I die tomorrow or something happens. There is Physical bullion on hand for my family. Selling that is easy, but sometimes a pain. Everyone wants to beat you up over prices. But sticking to your guns gives you a chance.

That is my opinion

Fortune8 likes this post

ANT ORTA
ANT ORTA
https://www.youtube.com

When did you start your precious metals collecting?  Empty Re: When did you start your precious metals collecting?

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:14 am
YouTube really put me into gear in mid 2019 I got my 1st silver half dollar I’ve always liked watching coin roll hunts the idea of finding free silver had me hooked. I entered a GAW for a 1 oz coin and won I received 1 oz buffalo and. 10 Rosie dimes during the dip Jonathan Reese told me to go to as bullion and buy some silver to stack it was cheap and I bought the stacker starter kit I’ve been hooked ever since

Admin and Fortune8 like this post

Mcb2007
Mcb2007

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:11 pm
I am very very new to this game compared to some of you old hands , about2 months in with 45 x 1oz silver bullion and semis .
I have been on other forums and the feeling seems to be to keep clear of silver and concentrate on gold . But I like the shiny stuff and there are some very attractive designs out yonder so I think I will stick to the stacking and collecting the semis , Im in for the long run so who knows what will happen in the future .

Admin and ANT ORTA like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:07 pm
One fairly easy way to add to your hoard is to enter the Forum 3rd Giveaway (see under News). It closes on 30th November and will be drawn on 2nd December, and there are rules set out in  Admin's original post dealing with the form of entry. You will also need to have posted 30 times and have an avatar before you enter, and the speed you're posting at suggests you will achieve the first requirement quite soon.  @Admin will be delighted to have a few more entries.

Admin likes this post

ANT ORTA
ANT ORTA
https://www.youtube.com

Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:21 pm
Starting with silver I had bought 3 oz in early 2020 from an online auction I had tuned on a YouTube channel called silver picker that day he told everyone how that could get free gold. It turned out to be the. Utah Goldback. This was free and my 1 piece of gold. Since than I’ve only bought. 1/10gram nadir karetbar very cool but silver is my go to precious metal 😎

Admin and Mcb2007 like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum