The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jerico and Hercules
Jerico and Hercules
Posts : 7
Join date : 2022-07-15
Age : 44
Location : United States
https://www.youtube.com/c/JericoHerculesProspectingLLC

Sand Casting Silver Any true experts? Empty Sand Casting Silver Any true experts?

Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:06 pm
Getting ready to start pouring silver art. Never casted anything personally, I have watched my uncle make sinkers and bullets. I have watched numerous YouTube videos and talked with a variety of artists on YouTube Instagram and Tiktok. I guess I should add that I am one of those guys as well... I will be doing live pours on a multistream platform before Thanksgiving!

Admin, ilank14 and ArcaneCollector like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 1625
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Sand Casting Silver Any true experts? Empty Re: Sand Casting Silver Any true experts?

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:12 am
Jerico and Hercules wrote:Getting ready to start pouring silver art. Never casted anything personally, I have watched my uncle make sinkers and bullets. I have watched numerous YouTube videos and talked with a variety of artists on YouTube Instagram and Tiktok. I guess I should add that I am one of those guys as well... I will be doing live pours on a multistream platform before Thanksgiving!


First off welcome!!!

It is rewarding and great to have more people who pour bullion from all over the world in here. 

I personally welcome you and look forward to seeing what you make. I started off not knowing anything. I am still learning and as I do, my pieces are getting smaller and more detailed. 

Sandcasting is a GREAT and as I mentioned before .. the cheapest way to start. 

Top tip.   Do NOT mix any metals in the same crucible you are using to for silver. Any hint of a metal will mean it is contaminated. 

That is a tip I learnt the hard way.

Jerico and Hercules likes this post

Jerico and Hercules
Jerico and Hercules
Posts : 7
Join date : 2022-07-15
Age : 44
Location : United States
https://www.youtube.com/c/JericoHerculesProspectingLLC

Sand Casting Silver Any true experts? Empty Re: Sand Casting Silver Any true experts?

Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:15 pm
I will only be pouring .999 at this time. Eventually I want to cast some gold items for personal reasons but I have never seen a gold art pour before.

AceBullion likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector
Posts : 172
Join date : 2022-06-02
Location : Northamptonshire

Sand Casting Silver Any true experts? Empty Re: Sand Casting Silver Any true experts?

Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:47 am
Jerico and Hercules wrote:I will only be pouring .999 at this time. Eventually I want to cast some gold items for personal reasons but I have never seen a gold art pour before.

I wonder if that’s because the loss in weight from the smelting process makes it an expensive art experiment?

Jerico and Hercules likes this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 359
Join date : 2021-05-25
https://www.acebullion.com

Sand Casting Silver Any true experts? Empty Re: Sand Casting Silver Any true experts?

Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:52 am
I have been gathering gold to do a gold pour, but it is for my wife's 25th anniversary.

Another person did pour 999 gold but it failed to hit 999 and he was left with a 22ct gold stamp.

Jerico and Hercules likes this post

Jerico and Hercules
Jerico and Hercules
Posts : 7
Join date : 2022-07-15
Age : 44
Location : United States
https://www.youtube.com/c/JericoHerculesProspectingLLC

Sand Casting Silver Any true experts? Empty Re: Sand Casting Silver Any true experts?

Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:33 pm
The cost of the art is probably the biggest reason why we don't see much gold art. I am going to poor a few gram piece for myself.

ArcaneCollector likes this post

Jerico and Hercules
Jerico and Hercules
Posts : 7
Join date : 2022-07-15
Age : 44
Location : United States
https://www.youtube.com/c/JericoHerculesProspectingLLC

Sand Casting Silver Any true experts? Empty Re: Sand Casting Silver Any true experts?

Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:35 pm
AceBullion wrote:I have been gathering gold to do a gold pour, but it is for my wife's 25th anniversary.  

Another person did pour 999 gold but it failed to hit 999 and he was left with a 22ct gold stamp.
I would buy 24k gold grain. I am going to do a few gram pour soon.
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 359
Join date : 2021-05-25
https://www.acebullion.com

Sand Casting Silver Any true experts? Empty Re: Sand Casting Silver Any true experts?

Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:12 pm
Jerico and Hercules wrote:
AceBullion wrote:I have been gathering gold to do a gold pour, but it is for my wife's 25th anniversary.  

Another person did pour 999 gold but it failed to hit 999 and he was left with a 22ct gold stamp.
I would buy 24k gold grain. I am going to do a few gram pour soon.


Don't for the love of all things hy.... buy gold grain! Buy 999 bars or rounds and melt them.


Jerico and Hercules
Jerico and Hercules
Posts : 7
Join date : 2022-07-15
Age : 44
Location : United States
https://www.youtube.com/c/JericoHerculesProspectingLLC

Sand Casting Silver Any true experts? Empty Re: Sand Casting Silver Any true experts?

Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:24 pm
My price on grain is less than the cost of bars or coins

AceBullion and Jerico and Hercules like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 359
Join date : 2021-05-25
https://www.acebullion.com

Sand Casting Silver Any true experts? Empty Re: Sand Casting Silver Any true experts?

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:45 am
Jerico and Hercules wrote:My price on grain is less than the cost of bars or coins

Wow, that sounds great!!!
Sponsored content

Sand Casting Silver Any true experts? Empty Re: Sand Casting Silver Any true experts?

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum