The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Display Your Coins

+5
MisterNoName
Rod Panhard
ArcaneCollector
The Cat's Mother
AVG
9 posters
Go down
AVG

How To Display Your Coins Empty How To Display Your Coins

Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:12 pm
Hello All
Here is  a money saving way to display some of you coins. You can go on Amazon and buy a Challenge Coin Display Case
for $35.99. It hold up to 45 coins. You can mount this on a wall or you can do what I did was make a wood case for it so I could
stand it on a shelf. If you go to buy wood the price (OAK) is beyond what you would want to pay to do this. So I went to
our local Home Goods and bought a large cutting board made out of teak for $16.00 and cut it up to make the wood case for
the plastic coin case. Here is a photo of what I did.  Remember "If You Can Turn A Screw" you can do it Smile .How To Display Your Coins P1020211

Admin, Jazz, Rod Panhard, AceBullion, tray and SGF like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

How To Display Your Coins Empty Re: How To Display Your Coins

Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:34 pm
You certainly have a talent for woodworking @AVG .

AceBullion and SGF like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:37 pm
Display my coins? For the burglar to take? Mine are in a lead lined box, buried 6 feet down through a layer of concrete guarded by laser beams and rottweilers.

AceBullion and MisterNoName like this post

AVG

Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:44 pm
Thank you TCM some times I have nothing to do to make my pains go away if you know when you are old.

AC
Were is your AR15?

AceBullion and ArcaneCollector like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:21 am
Something I think would be a good earner and relatively easy to do is framing and selling Goldback notes. It's really one for our American friends as we can't get them cheap over here but if you could get the current years  Goldback notes from all 5x States and get them all displayed in cheap custom picture frame that's something you could sell with a decent mark up, especially oustide the US.  I've been looking at the prices of Goldbacks and Silverbacks on Ebay here in the UK and individual notes are selling at a wide variety of prices and they are actually selling it's not just a case of people asking crazy prices and they are not selling.

AceBullion likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:02 am
ArcaneCollector wrote:Display my coins? For the burglar to take? Mine are in a lead lined box, buried 6 feet down through a layer of concrete guarded by laser beams and rottweilers.

@ArcaneCollector You forgot to mention the rabid zombie quokkas lurching on patrol through the shrubbery. Or were you keeping them a secret?
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:17 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:Display my coins? For the burglar to take? Mine are in a lead lined box, buried 6 feet down through a layer of concrete guarded by laser beams and rottweilers.

@ArcaneCollector You forgot to mention the rabid zombie quokkas lurching on patrol through the shrubbery. Or were you keeping them a secret?

Don’t you mean a flock of angelic cherub quokkas? Such innocence is incorruptible! Although, they still pack AR15s.

denby likes this post

MisterNoName
MisterNoName

Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:57 pm
I was thing about getting these. What do y'all think?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007JNK362/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A3T2JQVYJF7MSM&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08P8ZD384/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A3T2JQVYJF7MSM&psc=1
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:38 am
MisterNoName wrote:I was thing about getting these. What do y'all think?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007JNK362/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A3T2JQVYJF7MSM&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08P8ZD384/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A3T2JQVYJF7MSM&psc=1

I have a box like that I bought from Power Coin. But I can no longer find it on their site.

It cost me a arm and a leg. I showcase it on my videos from time to time as I rotate through sets I am collecting.

I will try to take a photo of it today and upload it..

MisterNoName likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:34 am
I think they look really good @MisterNoName . It always seemed to me to be a pity to buy all these beautiful coins, and then not display them in a lovely box.
@Admin , I think the box you're referring to is the wooden one that holds three trays of twelve coins. If I'm right about that then it was made by Meine Munzbox, who are very much still around with their own website. I have the little one that you have and also the bigger size with three trays of twenty. The trays also come with different sizes of inserts.

Admin and MisterNoName like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:26 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I think they look really good  @MisterNoName . It always seemed to me to be a pity to buy all these beautiful coins, and then not display them in a lovely box.
@Admin , I think the box you're referring to is the wooden one that holds three trays of twelve coins. If I'm right about that then it was made by Meine Munzbox, who are very much still around with their own website. I have the little one that you have and also the bigger size with three trays of twenty. The trays also come with different sizes of inserts.

yep you were right. Thank you... I am soo dang busy I am loosing what little brain cells I have left.

Thank you for the correction.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:33 pm
Not really a correction @Admin , you probably did get yours from Powercoin. I got one of mine from eBay, and the seller had uploaded a video about the boxes, which led me to the maker's website and I never looked back. I thought I'd save you the trouble of digging your box out.

Admin likes this post

Jazz
Jazz

Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:46 pm
This is how I’m temporary doing it, anytime I find a good box that’s how i do it
How To Display Your Coins 95c4d310

Admin, Rod Panhard, MisterNoName, AVG and SGF like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:51 pm
I like that box Jaz.
SGF
SGF

Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:57 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:You certainly have a talent for woodworking  @AVG .

Agreed. Very well done!!

Admin likes this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:48 pm
Jazz wrote:This is how I’m temporary doing it, anytime I find a good box that’s how i do it

Nice - a 10oz '22 kook.

Jazz likes this post

Jazz
Jazz

Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:35 pm
Silverlocks wrote:
Jazz wrote:This is how I’m temporary doing it, anytime I find a good box that’s how i do it

Nice - a 10oz '22 kook.

Thank you budd, not been buying much these days. Planning a trip to India, and stopping in Qatar airport so gonna buy some gold billion and some
Chains and rings

Admin, The Cat's Mother and Rod Panhard like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:59 am
Jazz wrote:
Silverlocks wrote:

Nice - a 10oz '22 kook.

Thank you budd, not been buying much these days. Planning a trip to India, and stopping in Qatar airport so gonna buy some gold billion and some
Chains and rings

that sounds AWESOME @Jazz

I want to buy gold from a vending machine!!! I know it is silly but ever since I seen it YEARS ago now... I have always been tempted.

Jazz likes this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:15 am
Jazz wrote:
Silverlocks wrote:

Nice - a 10oz '22 kook.

Chains and rings

I just went through Qatar the other day and the price of the coins at the gold shop by the big teddy bear in the main concourse was terrifying.  They wanted £2,186 for a 1oz Brit.  I had a similar experience in Dubai last time I went through there as well.

Maybe the gold souk is cheaper, but the airport gold shops are a bit of a ripoff for bullion.  You'd be much better off with your LCS or one of the online places (or, I could point you at one or two folks who trade gold online).

Admin and The Cat's Mother like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum