The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
martysov

Storing your metals Empty Storing your metals

Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:29 pm
Hi guys and gals, and anything in-between.

What do you do with your metal?

I was looking into a safety deposit box that is in the centre of the city I live in. It is open for a limited time and means I cant play with it whenever the fancy takes me. A safe is another option, but if someone rocks up to my house that just tells people where it is.

What do you all do/what are your suggestions?

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Storing your metals Empty Re: Storing your metals

Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:20 am
martysov wrote:Hi guys and gals, and anything in-between.

What do you do with your metal?

I was looking into a safety deposit box that is in the centre of the city I live in. It is open for a limited time and means I cant play with it whenever the fancy takes me. A safe is another option, but if someone rocks up to my house that just tells people where it is.

What do you all do/what are your suggestions?

I have a Safe room... But then again my boys have safes.

Safes are Great ... Keep them out of sight, I can send you a link for the best ones to buy in my honest opinion... they are cheap in cost but police approved here in the UK.

So you can legally store firearms or ammo in them. Cool Cool Cool Cool

I have saves in the safe room... a requirement for my cert.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:45 am
I'm afraid I rely on intruders breaking their necks falling over the clutter in the room I have my tiny collection in. Or being savaged by the cat, who may have worked out that people are made of meat.
I have also found that putting stuff in the cupboard with the cleaning products is a guarantee that nobody will go near it.
I think a lot will depend on what you have and want to put in a safe. Gold is very valuable and doesn't take up much room, the high end silver coins come in bulky presentation boxes that would fill a safe very quickly.

AceBullion likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:16 am
This is one of many.... and there are FAR cheaper and still fine safes to buy.

Depending on the size of your collection you might want to store things in something like this below... again out of site and secured...
https://www.esafes.co.uk/buffalo-river-ammunition-pistol-cabinet-tall

My boys have 2 of these and are going to be buying a bigger safe to go with it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rottner-Noah-Furniture-Double-Anthracite/dp/B0BCQL57N6/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=OOOZHVYL8NTO&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.0XDqm4ESl1q1v-VvTrdR7N6cNAZpEibDzfnX3EDSC-2ayJQ0nvQpjjimYmwpTsrmqGtTHDUeMsERdRt61gViS1cURynjF0eILsnVwJVpmS-2oS0EwL0x4B4QxJbl8CLLHCSukIE6zCrFQQaHnKP-wgCk7KZAvRXTYb8L4siCzdY0rpxGbuxtg0lmmRYe0kiCP5cwDzyhQdDxZ1FzHzd9XWoh9kaT0OgW74PebkW_MZHpVLUu_rxm_JnEPk80gYLmGPtbhn77iuEbb6GtDCRwGtueuDLqyi7JC32kgtAoewo.iND9Xtn37cz7WI2K545mlAoIPDRSvZ-hqDUKsY6yqGA&dib_tag=se&keywords=ammo+safe&qid=1717924525&sprefix=ammo+safe%2Caps%2C84&sr=8-4-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.d7e5a2de-8759-4da3-993c-d11b6e3d217f&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
martysov

Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:18 pm
Ah thank you.

I have just bought a safe, but it is pretty big, and I wasn't sure if it was any good.

It was meant to have a key, pass code and fingerprint but when it arrived only the key worked. The company gave me some money back and I moved the safe elsewhere. After messing about with the safe it started working fully. So I feel like I have a bargain now

Admin and denby like this post

AVG

Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:25 pm
A  large safe is good because of the size it is not something that two guys can just pick up and take it.
I bought a Browning safe it was bolted to the concrete floor in my home. The most important  thing
for the safe is a gun safe dehumidifier. Mine is a 12 inch rod.
Storing your metals P1010737

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:27 am
Key pads on safes... OOOOH NOOOOO

Easily bypassed !!!! Look at the locksmith lawyer on YouTube.

Seriously a big no no.

The ones I use have locks up and down and side to side. you will spend a day with a angle grinder trying to open it..... or be a locksmith.

And bolting it to the floor and wall is a MUST"""" Raw plug bolts are needed. Dont just buy small ones either.. that will come out.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum