The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
momumentmetals

Monument Metals Empty Re: Monument Metals

Thu May 02, 2024 2:15 pm
Hi, Thanks for your response and thanks for pointing out the error in my user name!! Yes, it should be monumentmetals. I guess easiest fix is for me to create a new account with correct username?

Also, I appreciate your willingness to add us to the dealer directory. I am checking on whether order minimums are still in place for UK customers and will confirm.

Best,
Jon

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu May 02, 2024 3:20 pm
momumentmetals wrote:Hi, Thanks for your response and thanks for pointing out the error in my user name!!  Yes, it should be monumentmetals.   I guess easiest fix is for me to create a new account with correct username?

Also, I appreciate your willingness to add us to the dealer directory. I am checking on whether order minimums are still in place for UK customers and will confirm.

Best,
Jon

Don't worry about your name, I'm the forum pedant. Making a new account will confuse things so unless it is important to you I should leave it. I don't know if you can amend it through your profile, but that could be a way forward.
I have amended the Directory - thank you for following the template so exactly, it does make a difference.
PS It's nice to know your name, but you might not want to make it public.
TCM

Admin likes this post

momumentmetals

Thu May 02, 2024 7:52 pm
I can and will vouch for Momument Metals. only because I have used them though a friend in the USA.

The down biggest and only down side to using them is you need to call them first before placing a order in the UK. So that is an expensive international call. Then you have to also spend $1000 min.  If you want one or two coins you can not buy from them unless you get a friend to buy.

------------
Re: International Shipping- I spoke with the team about your concerns and wanted to ask - What are your experiences re: shipping costs and VAT to the UK from the US? We’ve done a good amount of shipping to Canada, but UK is harder. Anything you can share would be appreciated.

Admin likes this post

Jazz
Jazz

Fri May 03, 2024 8:23 am
I’m looking to invest in some gold, maybe a 1oz and some smaller bits or 10 1oz gold bars. Which dealer would people recommended?

Admin and MisterNoName like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Fri May 03, 2024 9:24 am
momumentmetals wrote:I can and will vouch for Momument Metals. only because I have used them though a friend in the USA.

The down biggest and only down side to using them is you need to call them first before placing a order in the UK. So that is an expensive international call. Then you have to also spend $1000 min.  If you want one or two coins you can not buy from them unless you get a friend to buy.

------------
Re: International Shipping-  I spoke with the team about your concerns and wanted to ask - What are your experiences re: shipping costs and VAT to the UK from the US?  We’ve done a good amount of shipping to Canada, but UK is harder. Anything you can share would be appreciated.

I am not only the Admin... but I have my business account on here as well @AceBullion Shipping to the UK is a straight forward process. Number 1 rules is be Honest!!! DO NOT try to lower the costs on the customs declaration no matter who is asking. Also State and Federal Taxes should not be on the list. Packing the items is key, you need layers of packaging to ensure it is not stolen. Hardly ever is to be honest.
If customers are buying ASE's you can ship them as Numismatic coins. If they are buying bars you need to use the right code for bullion. Shipping should be done by Fed ex or DHL. Do not use the American postal service... your asking for trouble. Only put the information on the customs declaration and be discreet about it. I suggest putting a invoice in the package as well and sending one to the customer by email in case it is held up... That way Customs can not lie nor can we the customer.

anch and momumentmetals like this post

anch
anch

Monument Metals Empty Monument Metals

Fri May 03, 2024 3:25 pm
Jazz wrote:I’m looking to invest in some gold, maybe a 1oz and some smaller bits or 10 1oz gold bars. Which dealer would people recommended?

hattongardenmetals are normally the best value, especially on sovereigns. Atkinsons and Chards often have offers on and are normally cheaper than bullion by post, although remember to include delivery with them. I have used all of them and bullion by post in the past. Not had any issues with any of them.

Admin and Jazz like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum