The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
m&m prospecting
m&m prospecting

Stacking silver Empty Stacking silver

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:55 am
So do you like poured bars over coins which do you feel is better to hold on to stack

Admin and Fortune8 like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Stacking silver Empty Re: Stacking silver

Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:37 am
I'm not a stacker, but I like both coins and bars, and poured art pieces, depending on the quality and design. I have both in my fairly small collection, and I am happy with what I have even though I am unlikely to see a return considering the premiums paid. I enjoy collecting, and have 'met' some great people along the way.

Admin, Fortune8 and m&m prospecting like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Stacking silver Empty Re: Stacking silver

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:24 pm
As a stacker, I have mixed views. I like buying generic Silver and pieces I can easily sell quickly.
I do like 10oz bars again for quick selling, during the pandemic I sold ALL of my 10oz bars because the demand was there at a stupid price.
I do like my 100oz bars too. But those are not for sale.

As a collector I buy premium pieces such as the Simpsons collection and poured silver. HOWEVER. I have been very cautions lately over poured silver. As you know in the UK it is a legal requirement to have things hallmarked. As it is in Europe and Canada.

It wont stop me buying silver, but I have to really love it to not care about it being hallmarked. Because I could never sell it as Silver. I would have to legally say it is a white metal. Evil or Very Mad

But as for bars... I prefer them to be slabbed. Despite being hypocritical and selling 1 kilo bars and 10oz bars myself.

m&m prospecting likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum