The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
bryanKav

Can you find Silver when prices are low Empty Can you find Silver when prices are low

Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:05 pm
Hey everyone,

New here and to precious metals. Price of silver is at a good support right now but if say a black swan event happens and price drops lower (like Mar 2020). Is there anyone selling at lows? Is physical sliver easy or hard to find then and what are the premiums like? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Can you find Silver when prices are low Empty Re: Can you find Silver when prices are low

Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:44 pm
I was not collecting back in 2020, but I understand that even if spot price drops, it’s the demand that drives the premium. Also, spot needs to be a certain price for the mines to make money. If it drops too low, it’s not worth mining, processing and refining, so they shut down or stop selling to the market. This shortage of supply drives the price up again. I think the high prices are here to stay, given the cost of energy of mining.

Admin and bryanKav like this post

bryanKav

Can you find Silver when prices are low Empty Re: Can you find Silver when prices are low

Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:10 pm
Thanks ArcaneCollector for the info! The energy cluster f*c! happening is a very good point about the pricing.

I'm very curious why there are more sellers in my area right now than I've seen over the past 1.5yr. Eg facebook marketplace has lots of sellers. When you click on the seller profile some seem to have large qty's for sale? My brain thinks "If dealers/buyers are selling then they are going to be buying back cheaper and maybe I'm buying to high". Again I'm very new and still learning so might be wrong?

Thanks Again

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:26 am
There are lots of sellers because precious metals are popular at the moment. The general sentiment is that an economic crash is on the horizon and with high inflation, people are putting their cash into gold and silver rather than stocks and shares. Don’t buy for a short term flip to try make a quick buck. Precious metals are a long game.

Admin and ilank14 like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:08 pm
I was going to start a new thread, but I will reply here first. 

If your looking to get into silver ... now is the time.. If your looking to get into Platinum ... now is the time..

If your looking to get into gold.... hold fire! 

I will put a lengthy post up and or video up with all my evidence and why.... I hate doing videos on subjects like these because everyone thinks they know best... ie time to buy, time to sell, why you should not stack... blah blah blah.. 

I have been doing this for long enough to know now is a time to not buy gold... but to buy as much silver as you can at as low of a price as you can... closer to spot the better.

SanMarino and bryanKav like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:30 am
Silver appears to have found its support some at $19 spot price, where as gold is continuing to trickle down now at $1670 spot

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:06 am
SanMarino wrote:Silver appears to have found its support some at $19 spot price, where as gold is continuing to trickle down now at $1670 spot

Ignoring the Gold to Silver Ratio ...

I have been saying to everyone to buy silver during this low.. and I believe it will still go lower this year. 
Gold has been a safe haven for the majority of these troubled times. But people are waking up and realising that Silver is under valued and are increasing their portfolios to include physical Silver. 

One thing that has not been noticed is that Platinum had taken a dip. I have been buying some bits by bits. And it is starting to go up as well. 

Also do not forget that the GBP or British pound and the Euro dropped!!! The pound being the important one to watch as it dropped a lot against the Euro. This makes the price of Silver to buy go up! 

I really need more time to write this all out properly but this has more to do with the global crisis in economics than the actual prices of the precious metals.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum